Day 1: By car: Cusco – Cusipata.
- Walking Time: Approximately 3 hours (Including a picnic lunch in the route).
- Walk and Terrain: Walk, canter on open roads, some steep ascen
- Trekking Cusipata– Vinicunca Mountain 13 Km (8.08 miles).
Very early in the morning “5am”, Pick up from your hotel, we will begin our adventure towards the rainbow Mountain “Vinicunca”. We go with our transport to the community of Cusipata by paved road approximately 1:30 hours, then continue along the Cusipata branch for a space of 30 minutes more, until arriving at Chillihuani village, where we will pass through picturesque places such as Tintinko, Rio Tigre, we will observe the Mountain of Surina from the Llacto village, then we will pass the control of the local government of Cusipata, in this place you can appreciate the flora and fauna in their natural habitat. (Llamas, Alpacas, Vicunas, etc.). Where we will continue our journey along a road for about 20 minutes until we reach the starting point of our walk.
We began our adventure towards the Rainbow Mountain for 1 hour and a half approximately, where we can appreciate panoramic views such as the Red Valley and Mountains with Nevado del Ausangate and small lagoons, where we will have lunch and we will be able to appreciate and take pictures of the Mountain of colors. Then we will begin to descend to our starting point for 1 hour and a Half approx.
Our Transport will be waiting for us there. Then return to Cusco for 2 hours approx. We are going to arrive at 5:00 p.m. approx. and we will leave you at your hotel.
End of our Services
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your Rainbow Mountain guide and group in our office for an orientation before your trek. At this time, we will provide you with the duffle bags which will be carried by our Porters. The meeting will be at 6:00 PM, the evening before the trip begins. In case you can’t come at this time “please let us know” to coordinate another time.
- Touristic Transport: You will be picked up from your hotel in Cusco in the morning and will travel by private transportation to Tinki Village the starting point of the trek to the Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain.
- Adventure Experienced rainbow Mountain trek Tour Guide: English speaking, professionally educated, and official tour guide with tourism certification. They all grew up in this region and have a true passion to teach others about their heritage. Your guide will explain the culture and surroundings along the entire route, including leading your group in ancient ceremonies! He or she will keep you safe, sound, and comfortable on your trek so that you can enjoy your time along the Inca path and will ensure you are safe and happy.
- Entry ticket to the Rainbow Mountain trail
- Meals: 1Breakfast, 1 Lunch, (Vegetarian, vegan, or special menus are available at no extra cost)
- Medical kit and Oxygen bottle: Our crew will bring a first-aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Transfer back to Cusco: Private touristic transport from Paqchanta Village to your hotel in Cusco (Day 1)
- 24-hour guest service: We have telephone service available 24 hours/day for ease of communication and preparation with the agency leading up to your trek
- Walking Sticks: You can rent a set from our company if you would like.
- Personal clothing and gear
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for our staff: Please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish “Recommendation: Take usd 6 to usd 8 per day per traveler for all the trek staff”- Once again it is optional and can vary according your satisfaction.
- Additional costs or delays out of control of the management (landscape, bad weather condition, itinerary modification due to a safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability/strike, etc.)
- Original Passport
- Day Pack
- Full rain gear or poncho
- Gloves (thin riding and warm gloves)
- Trekking pants
- Breathable dry fit top-wear
- Hiking socks
- Insect repellent
- Bathing suit
- Comfortable shoes/flip-flops
- Cold-weather jacket
- Long-sleeve fleece/sweater Wool hat
- Hiking boots
- Baseball cap, sombrero and bandana
- Casual mountains wear for evenings
- Photo/video cameras and chargers
- Refillable water bottle (hydration bags are recommended)