Day 1: By Bus Cusco – Capuliyuc, Trekking from Capuliyuc to La Playa Rosalina
Distance: 18 km/11.2 miles,
Climate: Warm, Hiking
Time: 7 hours
We will pick you up from your hotel by touristic transport driving by town of “San Pedro de Cachora” (2800masl) a beautiful Andean Village; in Capuliyuc we start the 4 hours hiking before to reach our lunch place, where we will continue our trek. There in Kapuliyoq, during the way we can enjoy a big diversity of landscapes that belong to different climates, like Padriyoc snowcapped, flora and fauna Andean diversity that makes beautiful our trip. We will be able to see the deepest canyon of the world, the Apurimac canyon where the Apurimac River flows and also is possible to see the first views of The Choquequirao Complex. We will continue descending until Chiquisqa, where we will have a short break.
After Lunch we will start with our last descent of the day, it will be about 2 hours approx. towards the La Playa Rosalina Sector. La Playa is about 1800 m.a.s.l. Close to Apurimac “the sacred river”.
Day 2: La Playa – Marampata – The Choquequirao.
Chiquisqa | Playa Rosalina – Santa Rosa – Marampata - Choquequirao:
Distance: 17 km/10.6 miles,
Climate: Warm, Hiking
Time: 6 hours
After organic breakfast, starts the climb up of 2 hours to Santa Rosa small village (break point) then continues the uphill for 3 hours to Marampata lunch spot. During the hike you get to enjoy the splendid of Apurimac canyon, the mountain of Choquequirao and beautiful sharply mountains. After lunch the walk is very gentle to get the lost Inca city, Choquequirao.
The campsite is only outside of the Inca site (Chance to see the sunset and Condors)
Day 3: Choquequirao – Marampata – La Playa.
Choquequiraw - Marampata – Chiquisca:
Distance: 22 km/13.7 miles,
Climate: Warm day and cold at night, Hiking
Time: 8 hours
After having a delicious organic Breakfast , the mysterious tour in Choquequirao starts, we will start with our guided hiking experience to the Archeological Choquequiroao Complex that will take about 2 hours, and later some free time in the Inca lost city, the entire Choquequiraw tour will be guided (Cradle of gold), Llamas sector, Ceremonial Ushnu and Religious Zone. Which is considered as Machu Picchu`s sister, since there are several similarities, it´s also located to 1500 meters over the Apurimac Canon, only a third part of this Archeological Complex has been discovered and still many archeologists find something interesting every time.
Afterwards we will have a picnic Lunch in Choquequirao and then we will descend to Pajchayoc fall. After visiting the site, comes the lunch in order to get back to the Canyon of Apurimac, which is Chiquisca, where we spend the night exactly.
Day 4: La Playa – Capuliyoc – Cachora and final transfer by car to Cusco.
Chiquisca | Capuliyoc – Cachora – Cusco:
Distance: 17 km/10.6 miles,
Climate: warm, Hiking
Time: 7 hours.
Today we will leave the campsite extremely early in the morning after the breakfast, we’ll hike 4 hours uphill to Capuliyoc, where will have the last lunch with your expedition team. After lunch we still have 2 more hours of hiking to Cachora Andean village, finally since this point we take the bus to Cusco in order to get back by late in the afternoon to Cusco.
End of our Services
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your Choquequiraw Trek” guide and group in our office for an orientation before your trek. At this time, we will provide you with the duffle bags which will be carried by our Porters. The meeting will be at 6:00 PM the evening before the trip begins. In case you can’t come at this time “please let us know” to coordinate another time.
- Touristic Transport: You will be picked up from your hotel in Cusco in the morning and will travel by private transportation to Capuliyoc the starting point of the trek to Choquequiraw.
- Adventure Experienced Inka Choquequirao trek Tour Guide: English speaking, professionally educated, and official tour guide with tourism certification. They all grew up in this region and have a true passion to teach others about their heritage. Your guide will explain the culture and surroundings along the entire route, including leading your group in ancient ceremonies! He or she will keep you safe, sound, and comfortable on your trek so that you can enjoy your time along the Inca path and will ensure you are safe and happy.
- Private campsites: Each campsite is carefully choosed for have a very local experience.
- Night 1: Enjoy the 1st night in Chiquisca campsite on the route Choquequiraw trek and sleep in our 4 season Pro Aconcagua Doite tents. All our tents are 4-man tents, but ONLY sleep 2, leaving lots of room to spread out comfortably and store your duffel bags. They also include a little vestibule in front, giving you some extra outdoor space to leave your boots and walking sticks so you don’t have to bring in dirt.
- Night 2: Enjoy the 2nd night in Marampata on the route Choquequiraw trek and sleep in our 4 season Pro Aconcagua Doite tents. All our tents are 4-man tents, but ONLY sleep 2, leaving lots of room to spread out comfortably and store your duffel bags. They also include a little vestibule in front, giving you some extra outdoor space to leave your boots and walking sticks so you don’t have to bring in dirt.
- Night 3: Enjoy the 3rd night in Chiquisca campsite on the route Choquequiraw trek Cusco and sleep in our 4 season Pro Aconcagua Doite tents. All our tents are 4-man tents, but ONLY sleep 2, leaving lots of room to spread out comfortably and store your duffel bags. They also include a little vestibule in front, giving you some extra.
- Note: It is not usual that campsites, lodges or hotels change after the confirmation, however it can vary per government regulations and authorization, also for bad weather conditions and maybe because physical condition of our visitors: Any changes in this matter, ITEP travel will be informing you previously and as soon as possible.
- Camping equipment: Dining and kitchen tents, tables, chairs, and cooking equipment (all carried by our porters and horses).
- Entry ticket to Choquequiraw trail and Inka city
- 1 Duffle Bag: You can put your personal luggage, up to 5 kgs (11.02 lbs.), including your sleeping bag; this bag will be carried by our horses during the 4 days.
- Professional Trekking Chef: A professional chef specialized in cooking on the trail, with an assistant, will prepare all of your delicious meals along our journey on the Trail to replenish your energy every day. You will never go hungry!
- Meals: 3Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners (Vegetarian, vegan, or special menus are available at no extra cost) Please be in mind (1st breakfast and last lunch is not included”
- Boiled Water: Beginning from your first lunch until your last breakfast, Inka Trail Expeditions will supply all the water needed. This water will be boiled, filtered and then cooled, before distributing. You must supply your own water bottles or camel back. We recommend carrying about 3L worth. We will refill our waters at each meal.
- Wake up tea: Every morning at the campsite, you will wake up with a cup of coca tea! Our staff will bring the tea to your tent so that you will be warmed from inside out before you start your day.
- Tea time daily during the Trek: Every afternoon before dinner, the cooks will provide our tea time with popcorn, biscuits, coffee, hot chocolate, teas, hot water, etc. After a long day of hiking, you will not have to wait until dinner to relax, warm up, and enjoy a bite to eat!
- Products for hygiene: You will be provided with a small towel before each meal to clean your hands and every morning will be also a bucket with warm water for washes your personal hygiene.
- Medical kit and Oxygen bottle: Our crew will bring a first-aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Transfer back to Cusco: Private touristic transport from Capuliyoc to your hotel in Cusco (Day 4)
- 24-hour guest service: We have telephone service available 24 hours/day for ease of communication and preparation with the agency leading up to your trek.
- Sleeping Bags: You can rent one from our company if you do not have your own. Our sleeping bags are effective and durable to protect from temperatures as low as -18ºC (0ºF). They are mummy form and include a sleeping liner. The bags are cleaned after every use.
- Walking Sticks: You can rent a set from our company if you would like.
- Day 1: Breakfast, approx. Usd5 to usd 10.00, Price can vary according your selection.
- Last Day: Lunch and Dinner in Aguas Calientes. Approx. Usd 20 to 25.00, Price can vary according your selection.
- Personal clothing and gear
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for our staff: Please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish “Recommendation usd 6 to usd 8 per day per traveler for all the trek staff”- Once again it is optional and can vary according your satisfaction.
- Additional costs or delays out of control of the management (landscape, bad weather condition, itinerary modification due to a safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability/strike, etc.)
- Original Passport
- Day Pack
- Full rain gear or poncho
- Gloves (thin riding and warm gloves)
- Trekking pants
- Breathable dry fit top-wear
- Hiking socks
- Insect repellent
- Bathing suit
- Comfortable shoes/flip-flops
- Cold-weather jacket
- Long-sleeve fleece/sweater Wool hat
- Hiking boots
- Baseball cap, sombrero and bandana
- Casual mountains wear for evenings
- Photo/video cameras and chargers
- Refillable water bottle (hydration bags are recommended)